Albanian-American Islamic Center of Queens
Qendra Islame Shqiptaro-Amerikane në Queens
All the members as well as the entire Albanian Muslim community are informed that:
· The Blessed Night of Al-Kadr is on the evening of Friday September 26.
· The value of Sadakatul Fitr is $10 per person. It has to be paid before the Eid (Bajram) Prayer.
· Eid Al-Fitr (Fitr Bajram) will be on Tuesday September 30. Fajr (morning prayer) on this day will begin at 06:30 AM and the Eid Prayer will begin at 08:00 AM.
· The School for kids (to learn Islam and the Albanian language) will begin on October 04, the first Saturday after Eid. Classes start at 10:00 AM.
The IMPORTANCE OF THE NIGHT OF AL-KADR:
The night of Al-Kadr is:
- the night in which the revelation of the sacred Kur’an to Muhammed s.a.w.s. began.
- the night in which Allah (swt) allocates the providence (fate) of the whole year for humans.
- the night that has a value greater that 1000 months of continuous worship.
The program of our center on this blessed night:
8:30 - Lectures about the night of Al-Kadr
9: 30 – The Isha (Jaci) and Terawih prayers
12:00 – The Tasbih Prayer
02:00 – The Nighttime Prayer
04:30 – Joint Sehur (eating before morning)
05:35 – The Fajr (Sabah) Prayer
Supplication on the night of al-kadr
The Prophet s.a.w.s. advises us on this night to turn to Allah (swt) with this supplication:
ALLAHUMME INNEKE AFUVVUN KERIMUN, TUHIBBU – L – AFVE FE’AFU ANNA
O LORD, YOU FORGIVE AND LIKE FORGIVING, THEREFORE FORGIVE US!
A M I N. (MAY IT BE SO!)
Eid Al-Fitr is one of the two greatest Islamic holidays. It is celebration of the victory, of the
soul over the bodily desires, the muslim achieves during the month of Ramadan.
WHAT SHOULD WE DO FOR EID?
· Cleanse and put on pleasant parfume
· Dress with the best clothes
· Eat something before tha Eid Al-Fitr prayer
· Recite takbirat on the way to the mosque
(Allahu-akbar, Allahu-akbar, La-ilaha il-la-llah, Wa-allahu-akbar, Allahu-akbar, Wa Li-llahi Elhamd)
· Pay Sadakatul Fitr before Eid prayer, according to our intention
· Pray Eid Prayer in the mosque with devotion
· Listen to the sermon attentively
· Congratulate and greet each other with the prayer: “May Allah accept it from us and from you.”
· Visit each other with love and respect.
Copyright © AAIC of Queens 2008. All rights reserved.